Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The sun is shining

It is nice and sunny today again. Thank God, we need to get rid of some water around here. Southeastern Wisconsin it under water, as you might have heard. Luckily the lakes and rivers seem to have crested. Now we just wait for them to go down. Last week I had to rush up to my dad's twice to take things out of the lake. Tuesday the lake was so high and rough that it was taking the peer apart. One more day and it would have been floating away section by section. Friday night I had to pump all the water out of his sailboat so we could take it out. The water had risen so high that the sailboat was moving the lift. Now we just wait to see when everything can be put back in. I am just thankful that what we are going through is very minor compared to what so many are going through.




Now on to more creative things. I promised to post a mini book. This is one I made from Cosmo Cricket Wonderland journaling blocks and some ribbon.










I am using this book to record some of the childhood memories of my brothers and me. In the picture stash I got from my dad's attic there are a few of the annual Christmas pictures I plan to put in the little book. Now all I have to do is get some memories from my one brother.


Have an awesome day.


Janie

1 comment:

Rita S. said...

love the little album made from journaling tags - so cute! Good luck!